Fan of these little orange friends? Here are 5 surprising health benefits of tangerines.
- They are full of nutritions: tangerines are water-rich fruits packed with vitamin C and antioxidants. They’re also good sources of other vitamins and minerals, such as potassium and B complex vitamins.
- High in antioxidants: tangerines and their peels are rich sources of antioxidants such as vitamin C and flavonoids, which protect against numerous diseases.
- Immunity boosters: eating tangerines may benefit your immune system because they contain lots of vitamin C. This vitamin strengthens your body’s ability to defend itself against viruses and bacteria.
- Eating tangerines can improve your skin quality.The vitamin C content may promote collagen synthesis, which improves wound healing and reduces signs of aging.
- They are weight loss friendly because they help you increase your fiber intake, which may promote weight loss and help prevent weight regain and they are low on calories.