Some tips on how to deal with stress: Christmas, presents, meals, organizing people, New Years, cleaning the house, a new work year, new goals, kids don’t fit in their clothes from last year… God, we get stressed just by reading it…
So here are some tips and tricks on how to deal with stress:
- Find out where the stress is coming from. It could come from your environment: people at work, too much noise in your house. Or from within: too much mental chatter, unhealthy eating, too little movement.
- Learn a relaxation technique. This could be meditation, breath work, a walk or even a bath. Just make sure that you are able to quiet down the mind. Try doing any of the above activities in complete silence without wondering away with your thoughts for a whole ﬁve minutes. Then gradually see if you can increase that time.
- A healthy body helps you better deal with stress. So make sure you move everyday.
- Play more! Do more things you enjoy, during which your mind turns oﬀ and you live fully in the moment.
- Thoughts create a lot of stress. So why not train yourself to have more positive thoughts that cause less internal stress? As the saying goes, we become who we think we are.
- Track which foods cause you to relax and feel calm and those that make you nervous and uncomfortable. The wrong foods can cause both physical stress, like inﬂammation, but also mental stress through too much or too little production of certain hormones.
The greatest weapon against stress, is our ability to choose one thought over another