Are you looking forward to the holidays, but also already worrying about what to do with the extra kilo’s you might gain? We feel you! That’s why we made a shortlist on how to stay fit in December.
Tips on how to consistently keep working out and staying in balance during such a busy month of celebrating, parties, alcohol drinking and eating.
- Find a fitness buddy to keep you accountable.
- Schedule your workouts in and prioritise them. That time is blocked to work out.
- During party days, try intermittent fasting or try to eat as lean as possible: only veggies and protein, so that you have lots of calories available still for your party.
- Do some extra cardio this month. Go to a spinning class, go for a long bike ride with a friend or partner, go for a run: the cold, fresh air is good for you!
- Ask your trainer to help you be consistent also outside of the gym.
- Use your community: surround yourself by healthy, fit people that will help you get off the couch even the day after a party.
- Use your calendar as motivation: mark everyday that you moved, got a workout in, ate healthy, drank water, anything that helps you stay on track.
And most important: enjoy your time with your loved ones!